Whitworth Water District Administration and Maintenance Building
Bid Date4/24/18 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Bernardo Wills Architects
LICIA LEGRANT 509-838-4511
17401 North Newport Highway, Mead Washington 99201.
DOCUMENT 001113 – ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Qualified bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document.
Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
B. Project Identification: Whitworth Water District Administration and Maintenance Building
1. Project Location: 17401 North Newport Highway, Mead Washington 99201.
C. Owner: Whitworth Water District.
1. Owner’s Representative: Tim Murrell, Phone: (509) 466-0550, firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Architect: Bernardo Wills Architects
E. Project Description: Project consists of the following:
1. Site, utility and construction work for a single story wood framed Administration Office
with area consisting of approximately 5,844 sf and insulated concrete wall panel
Maintenance Shop with area consisting of approximately 10,112 sf.
2. Bid Alternates are as follows, refer to documents for detailed descriptions and numbering:
a. Alternate No.1: Additional Maintenance Shop area consisting of approximately
b. Alternate No. 2: Post Framed Storage building consisting of approximately 5,000 sf
3. Project cost range is anticipated to be under $4,000,000
F. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. General Contract (all trades).
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below.
Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by
Owner, and delivered as follows:
1. Bid Date: Tuesday April 24, 2018
2. Bid Time: 2:00 pm, local time.
B. Bid Opening Location: Whitworth Water District Office: 10828 North Waikiki Road
Spokane, WA 99218
C. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
1.3 BID SECURITY
A. Bid security (Bid Bond) shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of five (5%) percent of
the bid amount. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 60 days after opening of bids. Owner
reserves the right to reject any and all bids, without cause and to waive informalities and
1.4 PREBID MEETING
A. Prebid Meeting: none is scheduled. Contractors are encouraged to visit the project site at their
A. Printed Procurement and Contracting Documents can be obtained or viewed online by
contacting Standard Printworks: 256 W Riverside Avenue, Spokane, Washington 99201. Phone
509-624-2985 or email@example.com and at the following plan centers:
1. AGC Inland NW/McGraw Hill Dodge
4935 East Trent Avenue
Spokane, WA 99212
Phone: (800) 503-5676
Fax: (800) 503-5702
2. Associated Builders and Contractors
1760 E. Trent Ave.
Spokane, WA 99202
Phone: (509) 534-0826
Fax: (509) 535-9967
3. Spokane Regional Plan Center
209 N. Havana Street
Spokane, WA 99202
Phone: (509) 328-9600
Fax: (509) 328-7279
1.6 TIME OF COMPLETION AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
A. Successful bidder shall begin the Work on receipt of the Notice to Proceed and shall complete
the Work within the Contract Time.
1. Substantial Completion is required on or before two hundred seventy (270) calendar days
from the issuance of Notice to Proceed.
2. Final Completion is required on or before thirty (30) calendar days from determination of
3. Liquidated Damages in the amount of five hundred ($500) dollars per calendar day will
deducted from the Contract amount if durations for either Substantial Completion or
Completion are not achieved.
1.7 BIDDER’S QUALIFICATIONS
A. Bidders must be properly licensed under the laws governing their respective trades and be able
to obtain insurance and bonds required for the Work.
B. A Performance and Payment Bond is required. When the Successful Bidder delivers the
executed Agreement to Owner, it shall be accompanied by a Performance Bond, a Labor and
Material Payment Bond, and Insurance in a form acceptable to Owner.
A. This Advertisement for Bids document is issued by Bernardo Wills Architects.
END OF DOCUMENT 001113