Genie-Terex Equip Cycle Test Bldg
Bid Date7/23/19 1:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Bernardo Wills Architects
Robert Pace, or Grant Evans 509-838-4511
Port of Moses Lake
DOCUMENT 001113 – ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Qualified bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document. Submit bids according to attachments in this specification package, including but not limited to:
1. Specification Section 002000 Terex “AGREEMENT FOR PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES” Rev. 12June2017.
2. Specification Section 004113 Bid Form.
B. Bidders are required to be Pre-qualified vendors with Genie \ Terex as a condition of bidding. Contact: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, 18620 NE 67th Ct. Redmond, WA 98052. www.genielift.com or the Genie \ Terex Project Manager listed below for pre-qualification requirements and procedures.
C. Project Identification: Genie \ Terex Equipment Cycle Test Building.
1. Project Location: Port of Moses Lake, Genie \ Terex complex west of Randolph Road NE. Building Address: 8878 Turner Road NE, Moses Lake, WA 98837.
D. Owner: Genie \ Terex Project Manager.
1. Gregory Monce, Senior Manager. R&D and Testing, Redmond & Moses Lake, WA.
E. Architect: Bernardo Wills Architects, 153 South Jefferson Street, Spokane, WA 99210
1. Robert Pace, AIA 509-838-4511 Rpace@bwarch.com
2. Grant Evans, 509-838-4511 Gevans@bwarch.com
F. Project Description: Project consists of the following:
Site, utility and construction work for a CMU, wood framed roof building to house electrical and hydraulic equipment for testing of aerial lifts. Building area is ~ 800 sf. Provide an adjacent concrete slab for aerial lift testing.
1. Bid Alternates are as follows, refer to documents for detailed descriptions and numbering:
a. Alternate No.1: CMU screen wall with sill cap and footings as shown on documents.
2. Project cost range is anticipated to be between $250,000 and $500,000.
G. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. General Contract (all trades).
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with Contract Documents and delivered as follows:
1. Bid Date: Tuesday July 23, 2019
2. Bid Time: 1:00 pm, local time
3. Bid Submittal Location: Genie NPD Building, 5163 Randolph Road NE, Moses Lake, WA 98837
B. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
1.3 BID HOLD DURATION
A. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 90 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids, without cause and to waive informalities and irregularities.
1.4 PREBID MEETING
A. Prebid Meeting: none is scheduled. Contractors are encouraged to visit the project site at their own discretion.
A. Contracting Documents can be obtained or viewed online by contacting Standard Printworks: 256 W Riverside Avenue, Spokane, Washington 99201. Phone 509-624-2985 or email@example.com.
1.6 TIME OF COMPLETION AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
A. Successful bidder shall begin the Work on receipt of the Notice to Proceed and shall complete the Work within the Contract Time.
1. Substantial Completion is required on or before ninety (90) calendar days from the issuance of Notice to Proceed.
2. Final Completion is required on or before thirty (30) calendar days from determination of Substantial Completion.
3. Liquidated Damages in the amount of one hundred ($100) dollars per calendar day will deducted from the Contract amount if durations for either Substantial Completion or Completion are not achieved.
1.7 BIDDER’S QUALIFICATIONS
A. Bidders must be properly licensed under the laws governing their respective trades, in accordance with and be able to obtain insurance and bonds required for the Work.